Match Secretary – DAVID MCCLUSKEY
Fixtures for Season 2020/21
The fixtures are now live.
Good Luck to everyone for the season ahead.
I hope everyone is safe and well. Can all clubs ensure that all match day protocols and government guidelines are followed to allow matches to take place.
Can we all be patient with each other as we are beginning a season with a difference, which will likely change as the season progresses.
WEST REGION - REMEMBER TO TEXT RESULT OR IF POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER TO BOTH THE LEAGUE AND THE WEST REGION (PETER GLANCEY) ASAP, IDEALLY ON THE DAY YOU FIND OUT AS THIS HAS AN IMPACT ON THE FOLLOWING WEEKS FIXTURES.
COMMUNICATION - Can I remind ALL teams it's their responsibility to inform the league if your game is cancelled due to the weather ASAP especially if it’s a cup game as they take priority over league matches. In cup games even if you are the away team can you let me know as you may not be playing a team from our league and I won't find out!
REMEMBER – Fixtures will change due to the current climate, weather, cancellations and cup matches. I will always give 7 days’ notice (unless exceptional circumstances).
As per the League constitution, the home team should contact the away team and referee a minimum of 72 hours before a fixture to confirm the arrangements. In practice, this means by Tuesday evening before the game on Saturday.
· Fixtures must be played as listed
· Any team altering a fixture without approval of the Match Secretary will be cited to a Disciplinary Meeting
· A late call off will be treated as an unfulfilled fixture and the team involved will be cited a Disciplinary Meeting
· All midweek fixtures are shown as played on a Wednesday. You are however able to play any night Monday to Thursday, depending on when home team can get a pitch booked. Home team has to give away team the appropriate notice as outlined in the constitution
· All teams are allowed to request three cancellations per season. All requests have to be received via email (with Team Name, Age Group and Opponents details in header) no later than 7 days in advance of the fixture. The deadline for cancellations to be received are 11am for morning teams and 3pm for afternoon teams,
Notification of Results
When notifying results, I only need the Home team to text in. Please do so before 6pm on a Saturday and 9pm for midweek games.
Details required are: Age Group, league game, Division, Teams (i.e Arsenal 1 v 1 Liverpool) I need the results sent like this due to the different age groups I deal with.
I work 12 hour shifts (rotating Days and Nights) and have no or limited access to my phone during this time so if you need to contact me during these hours please send an email or txt and I will respond as soon as I can. Also no calls after 9pm
Best of Luck for the season ahead